It’s important to periodically check on your boat on land, but it becomes increasingly important…
It’s time to get your vessel ready for a fun-filled boating season! Here are 10 ways to organize your boat gear onboard to ensure smooth sailing.
1. Keep cockpit clutter to a minimum with Boatmate’s Cruisin’ Caddy
Boatmate’s Cruisin’ Caddy is an easy-to-mount organizer that holds your favorite beverage, personal items and even a couple of your favorite lures. Mounts either vertically or on a flat surface.
2. Organize line with Ronstan’s Line Hangers
Use Ronstan’s Line Hangers all over the boat for organizing line, halyards, or even clothes and towels.
3. Maximize cabin storage with West Marine’s 60″ Gear Hammock
West Marine’s 60″ Gear Hammock provides easy access and keeps your items from rolling around the boat.
4. Have your reading material handy with the Blue Performance Cabin Bag
The Blue Performance Cabin Bag is great for organizing books, magazines, tablets, and more. Attaches with upper Velcro flap and lower webbing straps.
5. Keep life jackets organized and easy to access with Airhead T-Bag Storage Pack
The Airhead T-Bag Storage Pack allows easy access to life jackets while on the water with an additional stretch cord that offers another place to store items such as towels. Constructed from UV resistant and water resistant polyester making it durable and long-lasting in all weather conditions.
6. Handle trash aboard with Boatmate’s Trash Stasher
Boatmate’s Trash Stasher mounts on any smooth surface with three suction cups or can be permanently mounted with screws. Holds standard grocery bags or plastic kitchen bags.
7. Easily secure or store dock lines, rope, cords, hoses and more with Wrap-it Storage Quick Strap Cord Organizers
Wrap-it Storage Quick Strap Cord Organizers are quick and easy to use hook and loop straps for wrapping up and organizing cords, hoses, rope, and so much more! They are marine grade and made with polypropylene to stand up to adverse weather and marine environments.
8. Save space with Camco Collapsible Buckets
Rigid buckets can be a hassle to store onboard. Not so with Camco Collapsible Buckets! The 3-Gallon Bucket stands 9 1/4″H when deployed, just 2″H collapsed and stows neatly in the included storage bag. With comfortable carry handles and rectangular stainless steel/plastic frame, the 5-Gallon Bucket easily accepts a deck brush.
9. Store bulky items with NITE IZE RunOff™ Waterproof Packing Cube
The NITE IZE RunOff™ Waterproof Packing Cube keeps water out, seals messes in, and keeps you organized on the go, making it perfect for being on the water. This packing cube saves space by doubling as a compression bag, allowing it to compress bulky items, like jackets, towels, blankets, and clothing.
10. Enjoy instant organization with Boatmate’s Super Suction Cup Utility Hooks
Boatmate’s Super Suction Cup Utility Hooks mount in cockpit, cabin or flybridge. Super Suction hook holds lines, leaders, hats, towels, wet swimsuits or other clothing.
Conveniently pick up all of your boating essentials at Herrington Harbour North’s on-site West Marine.
West Marine at Herrington Harbour North is open Monday-Friday from 8 am – 7 pm, Saturday 8 am – 6 pm, and Sunday 9 am – 6 pm.