The Historic Village at Herrington Harbour North

In the Historic Village you will find a collection of Nineteenth Century buildings which were moved from the local Southern Maryland area to keep them from being destroyed. This museum is privately owned by E. Steuart and Hamilton Chaney, owners of Herrington Harbour Marinas.

The Historic Village is managed in cooperation with the Deale Area Historical Society and is open every Sunday afternoon from 1:00pm - 4:00pm (May - October) and by appointment.  For additional information on the village and the Deale, MD area, please click here.


school house


Nutwell School

After being moved to the Historic Village, the outside of the building was painted, the chimney rebuilt and the steps added. Nutwell School is the first one-room school of its type in Anne Arundel County to be saved and restored to its original appearance.


Late 19th Century Residence

This two story, one bedroom house was moved in 1997 from Prince Frederick, MD. It is said to be the ancestral home of William Parran, a well known Calvert Co. figure. It was moved in two sections on a flatbed truck, and then pieced back together.

meeting house

Meeting House

The United Sons and Daughters of Holland, an African American Beneficial Society, was officially organized in 1905 and met in this building until 1983. Members paid monthly dues in return for sick pay and burial expenses.



The two outhouses came from Shady Side, MD. Of the two buildings, the one on the left is the more authentic.

smoke house
dairy house

Early 19th Century

Log Smokehouse


The smoke house is one of the oldest buildings in the village, previously located at Rosehill Manor near Davidsonville, MD. 


Mid 19th Century Dairy


The Dairy is from the Emmerick Farm on Bayard Road in Lothian, MD.  It was used for separating cream and storing milk and cream. The windows were slatted to help with airflow to reduce insects


Marina Layout

Eco-Lifestyle Resort

Work Request


Upcoming Events

Facebook Youtube Pinterest Yelp